- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Potato salad
Once the weather begins to warm up a little, spring and summer just aren't complete without the ultimate potato salad recipe, perfect for any informal eating occasion. This recipe uses Jersey Royal potatoes for the ultimate flavour and texture experience and utilises the freshest late spring herbs and the creamiest of condiments for an unparalleled 'wow' factor.
Hampshire, England, UK
3 people made this
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 4 cornichons, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 55g black olives, sliced
- 1.35kg Jersey Royal potatoes - cooked, halved and chilled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chives, to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Ready in:20min
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, spring onions, crème fraîche, cornichons, red onion and lemon juice. Mix well to ensure that all ingredients are well blended.
- Into the mixture, add the celery, eggs, olives and potatoes and mix until well coated by the creamy herb mixture.
- Season well with salt and pepper and top with fresh chives.
Jersey Royals have a fairly short season, so feel free to substitute with salad potatoes instead.