- Dish type
- Green salad
- Kale salad
I enjoyed this kale salad a few years ago at a party and then finally got the recipe. Since then, it's been one of my standard salads. I know that kale salad sounds a bit strange, but it tastes delicious and is really healthy!
5 people made this
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 60g currants
- 1/2 apple, diced finely
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 40g Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- Cut out the tough stalks from the kale and wash. Spin dry in a salad spinner or use kitchen towel. Pile kale onto a cutting board and cut into thin strips, then place in a large bowl. Add salt to the kale and mix for two minutes with your hands.
- Now, toast the sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan over a low to medium heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly until they change colour and begin to smell nutty.
- Place the kale into another bowl and tip away the liquid that has formed by mixing with the salt. Mix in the onions, currants and apple with the toasted sunflower seeds. Add vinegar and oil and mix well. Season and if needed add more vinegar or salt. Finally, stir in the Gorgonzola and serve.